LeMaster, Tom RN, MSN, MEd, Paramedic
Program Director, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Consultant SimHealth Group
Tom LeMaster RN, MSN, MEd, NREMT-P is the Program Director for the Center for Simulation and Research at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. He has been a nurse at Children’s for over 30 years. He holds a Masters in Nursing and Education through Xavier University and is a nationally registered Paramedic. He has worked as a med surgical nurse, ED nurse, and EMS coordinator with the Trauma program before joining emergency medicine. Tom has developed and implemented several programs at Cincinnati Children’s, including the Center for Simulation and Research. Currently, he is responsible for the global operations of the Center for Simulation and Research within the hospital and the community, with 5000 learners annually.
In 2010, Mr. LeMaster was elected as Secretary of the Board for the Society of Simulation in HealthCare. He is also a member of the Council for Accreditation of Healthcare Simulation Programs, Chair of the Reviewer Development Committee, and a member of the Accreditation Board of Review. Tom has been active in the expansion of the accreditation program participating in the development of the accreditation standards, evaluation of the overall program, selection of site reviewers, and development of the site reviewer-training program.
- T.LeMaster and J.Manos. “Using Simulation in Hospitals and Health Care systems to Improve outcomes,” in Mastering Simulation: A handbook for Success. B Ulrich and B. Mancini. Indianapolis. Renee Wilmeth. 2013. pp. 225-239.
- Halsted, MJ, Perry, L., Racadio, JM, Medina, LS, LeMaster, TE. Changing Radiology Resident’s Education to Meet Today’s and Tomorrows Needs. Journal of American College of Radiology . 2004
- LeMaster, TE. SimLab. Journal of Emergency Medical Services. 2004
- Patterson, MP, Geis, GL, Falcone, RA, LeMaster, T, Wears, RL. In situ simulation: detection of safety threats and teamwork training in a high risk emergency department.BMJ Quality & Safety Online First, December 2012.
- Patterson, MP, Geis, GL, LeMaster, T, Wears, RL. Impact of multidisciplinary simulation-based training on patient safety in a paediatric emergency departmentBMJ Quality & Safety Online First, December 2012.
- Dougherty, MC, Mehlman, CT, Moody, S, LeMaster, T, Falcone, R. Significant Rate of Misuse of the Hare Traction Splint for Children with Femoral Shaft Fractures. J Emerg Nurs 2013;39:97-103.
Honors / Awards
- 1999 EMSC EMS Provider of the Year Award
- 2008 Ida Casey Award, Xavier University Nursing Department
- 2009 Cincinnati Children’s Golden Apple teaching Award